After reviewing this policy, if you have additional questions, want more information about our privacy practices, or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
2 Toronto Street, Unit 267, Toronto ON M5C 2B5, Canada
Collecting Personal Information
- Device information
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site. The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify, Klayvio, Google Analytics, Junip. The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site
- Order and Customer Support information
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify, Klayvio, Google Analytics, Junip, all sales channels. The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
- Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number).
- We also collect your email and phone number if you directly subscribe to our newsletter and SMS updates for promotions, company updates and other marketing purposes.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 13. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address above to request deletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. For Klaviyo, please click here. For Google Analytics, please click here. For Junip, please click here.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We may use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We may use Shopify Audiences to help us show ads on other websites with our advertising partners to buyers who made purchases with other Shopify merchants and who may also be interested in what we have to offer. We also share information about your use of the Site, your purchases, and the email address associated with your purchases with Shopify Audiences, through which other Shopify merchants may make offers you may be interested in.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: https://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
- To administer our website and services and for internal operations. For this purpose, we typically use all categories of personal information for our internal operations, such as troubleshooting, insurance claims, data analysis, and testing.
- To process your transactions and fulfill your orders. For this purpose, we typically use Contact Information, Account/Registration Information, Payment Information, and Internet and Network Activity Information.
- To improve our products and services. For this purpose, we may use the information you provide about our products, as well as Account/Registration Information and Internet and Network Activity to make our website, services, and products better.
- To send you Skovsona newsletters and for other marketing purposes. For this purpose, we typically use Contact Information, Account/Registration Information, Internet and Network Activity Information, and Demographic Information when you subscribe to send you our newsletters, as well as special offers and promotions. We may also use this information to advertise and market our products to you.
- For security purposes. For this purpose, we typically use Internet and Network Activity Information or other categories of personal information as necessary to protect our company, our customers, and our business partners. We also may use this personal information to protect our websites or our services, as well as to detect and investigate activities that may be illegal or prohibited (such as cyber attacks or fraudulent activities).
- To comply with laws and regulations. For this purpose, we typically use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal processes, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
- With your consent. In some cases we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use, or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your personal information as follows:
- Service providers. We may share each category of personal information with companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the our website or our business (such as order fulfillment, shipping, payment processing, customer support, hosting, analytics, email delivery, marketing, database management services, returns processing, and risk and fraud mitigation).
- Advertising and marketing partners. We might share the above categories of personal information with companies that help us with our marketing efforts, including third-party advertising partners and social media platforms.
- Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties. We may share the above categories of personal information as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate to comply with law or for the compliance, fraud prevention, and safety purposes described above.
- Organizations in connection with a business transfer. We will share your personal information if we are acquired by or enter into a merger with another company, or otherwise reorganize our business.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
Last updated: Mar 1, 2023